Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ribsy

RIBSY, by Beverly Cleary
AR Book Level: 5.0
AR Point Value: 4 points
Vocabulary Quiz Available

This is a whacky adventure about a hilarious dog that accidentally gets driven away from his original owner. Henry, Ribsy’s owner, tries to look for his very special dog, but it seems as if he’ll never find him. Ribsy has all sorts of adventures including being bathed in violet scented bubble bath, becoming a class mascot, and chasing squirrels. He even plays in a football game! It’s a funny, heartwarming tale (or is it tail) that you would want to read over, and over, and over again!!!

Written by Ross and Seth, 4th Grade Students

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the summary of your book "Ribsy." I haven't read it yet, but hope to read it over spring break. Please keep us posted. Mrs. Burris

Anonymous said...

I read a lot of books by Beverly Cleary when I was younger, but I don't think I ever read Ribsy...maybe I should read it now! Thanks for writing such a great summary of the book.

Anonymous said...

Great work!!! This reminds me of the adventures of Clifford the Big Red Dog. Keep it up!!!!! Wonderful vocabulary and great expression in your writing. I am so proud of you! Love, Diddy

Anonymous said...

Great work!!! This reminds me of the adventures of Clifford the Big Red Dog. Keep it up!!!!! Wonderful vocabulary and great expression in your writing. I am so proud of you! Love, Diddy

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Ribsy sounds like such a fun book! I will have to go to the library to check it out. I bet Charlotte will love hearing it as a bedtime story. You are so incredible!!! I am so happy to be your Aunt!!! I can't wait to hear more summaries!
Love,
Aunt Crystal :)

saraj said...

i haven't heard of this book, but it sounds really funny! i have really been wanting a dog lately. i have a question for you: which would make a better pet, lassie or ribsy?

Mrs. Wright said...

This sounds like a really cool book that I would enjoy reading!

Brooke said...

Excellent summary on a great book!

Mrs. Proffitt said...

The 2008-2009 fourth graders love your blog. Some have read "Ribsy" and loved it also. Good job. Hi from the 4th graders!(:

Mrs. Lofton said...

Great work guys! I would love to read this book. Do you think my first grade class would like me to read the book to them?

Unknown said...

this book is hilarious. im in middle school and i read 4 times! its a great book. I enjoyed reading this book